donealrice

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
My Life as a White Trash Zombie
Diana Rowland
The Black Company: The First Novel of 'The Chronicles of The Black Company'
Glen Cook
Progress: 22 %
Immune
Shannon Mayer
Progress: 88 %
Amazing Stories: Fall 2018
Steve Fahnestalk, Gary Dalkin, Robert Silverberg, Kameron Hurley, Julie Czerneda, Jack Clemons, Dave Creek, Drew Hayden Taylor, Paul Levinson, Shirley Meier, Allen Steele, Rudy Rucker, Lawrence Watt-Evans, Steve Davidson
Progress: 1 %
Brian McClellan

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

It's Getting Hard To Resist Posting Some Librarian Edits on Goodreads

Looking back at my December book activity, 9 out of 10 books on goodreads needed librarian edits (mostly uncombined editions and misspelled or formatted author names but a surprising number of descriptions overwritten with foreign languages).

Once upon a time before I had them revoke my librarian status upon amazon purchase, I would have immediately fixed.

Once upon a time before September non-announcement, I would have asked in librarians group for someone to fix.

Now I mostly just get the urge for a favorite author or an author/series that I had done a lot of work on while librarian.

But, I've been good.  The only librarian edits I've requested have been the removal of advertisements, purchase links, event promotions, etc. from vandalizing the book synopsis — the good for book sales and no doubt of use to  amazon but against stated policy on goodreads things.  If I was there more and paying close enough attention, I'd also scream if any covers in my book catalog were changed on me.

Between the amazon overwrites of perfectly good data (plus locking data away from librarian correction), decrease in librarian activity (see response times in librarians group September to November), all the very new names in librarians group, amazon  not caring about member book catalogs (or goodreads book database) so long as their books currently for sale data feed is on goodreads --

It's really a perfect opportunity for booklikes, Leafmarks or other sites to grow a book catalog to eventually be better and more trusted than the goodreads one I suspect most of us still use to look up lots of book information because it is currently the best thanks to our efforts.

I'm really patting myself on the back for what I have not posted in gr librarians group.  Because I know how hard it has been.