donealrice

Debbie's Spurts

One Salt Sea (October Daye #5)
Seanan McGuire
Magic Slays
Ilona Andrews
The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10)
Jennifer Estep

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Review of " Dark Heir" (Jane Yellowrock, #9) by Faith Hunter

Dark Heir - Faith Hunter

This reader's personal opinion, ©2018, all rights reserved, not to be quoted, clipped or used in any way by goodreads, Google Play, amazon.com or other commercial booksellers*

This series is always a good read. Sucks you in quickly which made it also a great choice for last Saturday's Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon.

At nine books into the series, not sure I have much new to say about it. I love these characters although I'm ready to skewer Leo that he still doesn't tell Jane details of vampire politics that would certainly have made things less grim and dangerous, even saved some human lives.

Definitely Jane got her "I told you so" over not killing Adrianna and the captive Son of Darkness in previous books. Because all hell breaks loose in this book from his escape. The European vamps still not visiting, and we get a resolution about Molly.

Happily will be reading on in this series; expecting next books to bring on the European fang heads and more vampire politics.

*©2018.  All rights reserved except permission is granted to author or publisher (except Penumbra Publishing) to reprint/quote in whole or in part. I may also have cross-posted on Libib, LibraryThing, and other sites including retailers like kobo and Barnes and Noble. Posting on any site does not grant that site permission to share with any third parties or indicate release of copyright.

Ratings scale used in absence of a booklikes suggested rating scale:

★★★★★ = All Time Favorite
★★★★½ = Extraordinary Book. Really Loved It.
★★★★☆ = Loved It.
★★★½☆ = Really Liked.
★★★☆☆ = Liked.
★★½☆☆ = Liked parts; parts only okay. Would read more by author.
★★☆☆☆ = Average.   Okay.
★½☆☆☆ = Disliked or meh? but kept reading in hopes would improve.
★☆☆☆☆ = Loathed It. Possibly DNF and a torturous read.
½☆☆☆☆ = So vile was a DNF or should have been. Cannot imagine anyone liking.  (Might also be just an "uploaded" word spew or collection that should not be dignified by calling itself a "published book." If author is going batshit crazy in the blogosphere over reviews -- I now know why they are getting bad reviews.  Or maybe author should take remedial classes for language written in until basic concepts like using sentences sink in. Is author even old enough to sign a publishing contract or do they need a legal guardian to sign for them?)