donealrice

Bring Me Their Hearts
Sara Wolf
House of Earth and Blood
Sarah J. Maas
A Selection of Designs inspired by Iznik & Delft Pottery in Cross Stitch: 16 stunning floral cross stitch designs
Durene Jones
Ain't Love a Witch?
Dakota Cassidy
Progress: 1 %
The Old Witcheroo
Dakota Cassidy
Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Review of "Stakes & Stilettos" (Immortality Bites #4) by Michelle Rowan

Stakes & Stilettos  - Michelle Rowen

This was okay but kinda meh for me compared to last three books.

An overnight read so clearly not a bad book.  Just didn't seem to connect as much.  The main characters stayed in character at least; I think I just wasn't into the plot (or the introduction of newer villains or villainizing of familiar characters).

This did not exactly end on a cliffhanger like other reviews said.  For me it ended at a logical breaking point with the characters resolved to deal wth situations this book came to  after the reveal of big villain and villain's plans (resolving all that is likely what the next — presumably final book — will cover).

Not really details or points I can put my finger on -- just not connecting to this one.  Not a lot of happy moments; they never seemed to catch a break beyond still being together.  I don't think I really bought into some of the sudden twists (very meh on some villain motivations that cropped up).