donealrice

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Review of Blackveil (Green Rider, #4) by Kristen Britain

Blackveil - Kristen Britain

A truly long wait between books in this series.  As well-written, action-packed as the others with the characters readers of this series will have invested in.

But lots of POV switching, took half the 700+ page book to get to Blackveil and while not exactly a cliffhanger left everything up in the air.  Hopefully series isn't being stretched out endlessly.

I probably would have have rated higher — because really is a very good book — had so much of it not really gone anywhere in a lot of pages or gone places I did not like (what happens with King Zachary even if I'm pretty sure where that thread is headed).

I have no no doubt this series will continue to be a favorite and the next books soothe my qualms about this one.

Maybe I should have let my book hangover resolve itself instead of rating so quickly; right now, this is my opinion of my reading experience.

Ratings scale used in absence of a booklikes suggested rating scale:

★★★★★ = All Time Favorite
★★★★½ = Extraordinary Book. Really Loved It.
★★★★☆ = Loved It.
★★★½☆ = Really Liked.
★★★☆☆ = Liked.
★★½☆☆ = Liked parts; parts only okay. Would read more by author.
★★☆☆☆ = Average.   Okay.
★½☆☆☆ = Disliked or meh? but kept me reading in hopes would get better.
★☆☆☆☆ = Loathed It. Possibly DNF and a torturous read.
½☆☆☆☆ = So vile was a DNF or should have been. Cannot imagine anyone liking.  (Might also be just an "uploaded" word spew or collection that should not be dignified by calling itself a "published book." If author is going batshit crazy in the blogosphere over reviews -- I now know why they are getting bad reviews.  Or maybe author should take remedial classes for language written in until basic concepts like using sentences sink in. Is author even old enough to sign a publishing contract or do they need a legal guardian to sign for them?)