donealrice

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Review of "Dragon Actually" (Dragon Kin, #1) by G.A. Aiken

Dragon Actually  - G.A. Aiken

I adored the main characters, start to finish.  A fun story (even if somewhat unsurprising), lots of humor, definitely a kickass heroine.

This was really a novella with the main characters followed by a generous short about his parents getting together.

That short was horridly boring wth fated mate crap and unsympathetic characters.

I debated rating just the novella (★★★★½ ) or the entire work/publication -- but, I read the whole thing, it was "sold" as the whole thing, so I'm rating the whole thing.  I pretty much always do have to take off a half star for over use of clenching sex parts.

I will continue the series unless future books turn out to be more like the included short.

This reader's personal opinion, ©2017, all rights reserved, not to be quoted, clipped or used in any way by Penumbra Publishing, goodreads, Google Play, amazon.com or other commercial booksellers.

Ratings scale used in absence of a booklikes suggested rating scale:

★★★★★ = All Time Favorite
★★★★½ = Extraordinary Book. Really Loved It.
★★★★☆ = Loved It.
★★★½☆ = Really Liked.
★★★☆☆ = Liked.
★★½☆☆ = Liked parts; parts only okay. Would read more by author.
★★☆☆☆ = Average.   Okay.
★½☆☆☆ = Disliked or meh? but kept me reading in hopes would get better.
★☆☆☆☆ = Loathed It. Possibly DNF and a torturous read.
½☆☆☆☆ = So vile was a DNF or should have been. Cannot imagine anyone liking.  (Might also be just an "uploaded" word spew or collection that should not be dignified by calling itself a "published book." If author is going batshit crazy in the blogosphere over reviews -- I now know why they are getting bad reviews.  Or maybe author should take remedial classes for language written in until basic concepts like using sentences sink in. Is author even old enough to sign a publishing contract or do they need a legal guardian to sign for them?)