donealrice

Benjamin Tate, Joshua Palmatier
Behind the Throne
K. B. Wagers
Progress: 100 %
An American Werewolf In Hoboken (Wolf Mates Book 1)
Dakota Cassidy
Progress: 56 %

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Finished this Helen of Troy, first in "Princesses of Myth" series

Nobody's Princess (Nobody's Princess, #1) - Esther M. Friesner

Well, it fit my booklikes-opoly square.

It was an award-winning author I was always curious to try (although her middle grade books may not have been best starting point).

It is set in Bronze Age which coincidentally a post I've now misplaced was asking about.

But it read very generic medieval princess balking at expectations rather than Bronze Age (okay,they had bronze swords and a barter system), Sparta and Helen of Troy.

Still an interesting premise.  The next book continues with Helen disguising herself as a boy servant to go along with Jason after the Golden Fleece then switches to a preteen Nefertitti (another historical figure I'm a sucker for).

This series is not for me.  I would, however, still read more by the author.

This reader's personal opinion, ©2017, all rights reserved, not to be quoted, clipped or used in any way by Penumbra Publishing, goodreads, Google Play, amazon.com or other commercial booksellers.

Ratings scale used in absence of a booklikes suggested rating scale:

★★★★★ = All Time Favorite
★★★★½ = Extraordinary Book. Really Loved It.
★★★★☆ = Loved It.
★★★½☆ = Really Liked.
★★★☆☆ = Liked.
★★½☆☆ = Liked parts; parts only okay. Would read more by author.
★★☆☆☆ = Average.   Okay.
★½☆☆☆ = Disliked or meh? but kept me reading in hopes would get better.
★☆☆☆☆ = Loathed It. Possibly DNF and a torturous read.
½☆☆☆☆ = So vile was a DNF or should have been. Cannot imagine anyone liking.  (Might also be just an "uploaded" word spew or collection that should not be dignified by calling itself a "published book." If author is going batshit crazy in the blogosphere over reviews -- I now know why they are getting bad reviews.  Or maybe author should take remedial classes for language written in until basic concepts like using sentences sink in. Is author even old enough to sign a publishing contract or do they need a legal guardian to sign for them?)