donealrice

Debbie's Spurts

A Dance of Blades
David Dalglish
Progress: 10 %
For Love of Mother-Not (Pip and Flinx Adventure Series #1)
Alan Dean Foster
By a Thread (Elemental Assassin #6)
Jennifer Estep
Alma Alexander
Progress: 100 %

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

HELP! I need help fixing a spoiler tag showing "on" before clicked

Can anyone help me with this?

I tried customizing blog html settings* and it almost works. That is, the "spoiler" to click off and on to show spoiler text works -- but, when I go to the review page the spoiler is always on until clicked.   I need it to be off until clicked to show the spoiler text.

More details:

Sample review with the spoiler tag is at http://donealrice.booklikes.com/post/222233/a-fun-quick-read-with-engagingly-quirky-characters

Is that what everyone else sees?  The spoiler information before clicking the spoiler tag?  Or just some odd display thing just for me?

I'm going to be moving review contents to booklikes alphabetical by title as seen as I work out some kinks like spoiler tags and figure out the rating system I want.

(The excellent directions for doing spoiler tags this way came from http://jess.booklikes.com/post/464839/diy-spoilertags- )

Screenshot of the html code/section I inserted into my blog under customize->edit html:

Screenshot of html in the review itself:

(yes, I know that author wound up on some bba lists but the worst thing she threatened a reviewer with was a libel suit and to make fun of them as a thinly disguised character in a book, no threats of actual physical attacks, blew up a whole lot in same vein all over the place except on goodreads review and even got covered by Dear Author -- but no violence threatened or STGRB rhetoric.  I thought the blowups she wrote were hilarious.  And I had already read first book in series for free at library and liked ...I was horribly threatened that with her and some other bba-listed authors in my book catalog at goodreads, even if rated/reviewed in what I thought was a positive light, my shelves were in danger of deletion.)

Source: http://donealrice.booklikes.com/post/574909/i-need-help-with-a-spoiler-tag-showing-on-before-clicked?preview