donealrice

Bring Me Their Hearts
Sara Wolf
House of Earth and Blood
Sarah J. Maas
A Selection of Designs inspired by Iznik & Delft Pottery in Cross Stitch: 16 stunning floral cross stitch designs
Durene Jones
Ain't Love a Witch?
Dakota Cassidy
Progress: 1 %
The Old Witcheroo
Dakota Cassidy
Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Reading progress 1% -- for Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon

Ain't Love a Witch? - Dakota Cassidy

After five books with Stephania "Stevie" -- now POV switches to Alastair.  Not a repeat now in a different point of view, just that the book opens in his head instead of hers.

A warm little cozy paranormal mystery so far with engaging characters -- very important to me for these types of books.  I actually didn't care for the Paris, Texas series this one and others spun off from -- it was okay as far as I read.  But I was really liking Stevie and her bat Belfry.  The ghost Alastair was fine as a side character and love interest plus has a slowly unveiling storyline that's been interesting.  His frenemy ghost introduced last book is already annoying despite being kind to Stevie -- not really flowing with the storyline for me and I'm tired of reading badly accented Russian and English mix.

So could be a bad one to start for the readathon or could be as fun as previous books in series.