donealrice

Bring Me Their Hearts
Sara Wolf
House of Earth and Blood
Sarah J. Maas
A Selection of Designs inspired by Iznik & Delft Pottery in Cross Stitch: 16 stunning floral cross stitch designs
Durene Jones
Ain't Love a Witch?
Dakota Cassidy
Progress: 1 %
The Old Witcheroo
Dakota Cassidy
Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Review of "Night Pleasures" (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherilyn Kenyon

Night Pleasures  - Sherrilyn Kenyon

I'm glad I read Ash's book prior this one. It probably changed my reaction to his appearances and the whole origins of the Dark Hunters thing. More depth, maybe; not that this series or book is more deep than the usual PNR books.

Which isn't a criticism. Just that it is fairly typical of the genre that each book centers on a couple, pretty much if not completely outright fated mates. In this one, it was immortal-centuries-old-Kyrian-Greek-Prince-during-Roman-invasions-turned-DarkHunter and

somewhat-innocent-new-to-powers-sorceress-Amanda-modern-accountant.

I liked Kyrian and Amanda. So, liked their story. Neither was an asshat or TSTL. Fairly explicit (maybe even skim-worthy explicit sex), but no dubious consent or some supernatural whatsit compulsion factor. Without being too spoiler-y, I really liked that the conclusion didn't require one of them to act totally out of character. Not really an in-line-with-internal-logic of the series explanation of the villain, though.

As much as I enjoyed this one, the preview of Talon's story at back of the ebook I read makes the next book sound way more interesting.