donealrice

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
My Life as a White Trash Zombie
Diana Rowland
The Black Company: The First Novel of 'The Chronicles of The Black Company'
Glen Cook
Progress: 22 %
Immune
Shannon Mayer
Progress: 88 %
Amazing Stories: Fall 2018
Steve Fahnestalk, Gary Dalkin, Robert Silverberg, Kameron Hurley, Julie Czerneda, Jack Clemons, Dave Creek, Drew Hayden Taylor, Paul Levinson, Shirley Meier, Allen Steele, Rudy Rucker, Lawrence Watt-Evans, Steve Davidson
Progress: 1 %

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Review of "Spirit Witch" (The Lazy Girl's Guide to Magic, #3) by Helen Harper

Spirit Witch - Helen   Harper

I'm actually repeating my review of the second book:

I really liked the first book, a random Kindle Unlimited find.  This was also a fun read, definitely edited and ready to be published.  At time I read, it was also in KU.

After enjoying the first book so much, I immediately binged the next two books.  I recommend the books and the series but not to binge them back to back.  Because the books are good with excellent story flow -- the series not so much.  Not sure how to explain except the three books I read don't seem to belong together despite a shared main character.  Oh, there are a few bits getting on with expected plot, careers and romance.  But the main character just seems after first book to be thrown into settings and circumstances that don't seem to mesh with previous book -- maybe even completely different genres for each book.