donealrice

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
My Life as a White Trash Zombie
Diana Rowland
The Black Company: The First Novel of 'The Chronicles of The Black Company'
Glen Cook
Progress: 22 %
Immune
Shannon Mayer
Progress: 88 %
Amazing Stories: Fall 2018
Steve Fahnestalk, Gary Dalkin, Robert Silverberg, Kameron Hurley, Julie Czerneda, Jack Clemons, Dave Creek, Drew Hayden Taylor, Paul Levinson, Shirley Meier, Allen Steele, Rudy Rucker, Lawrence Watt-Evans, Steve Davidson
Progress: 1 %
Sins of Empire
Brian McClellan

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Almost had time today to update my booklikes ...

,,,well, I'm not sure if I'm ashamed or proud that on my booklikes page I finally replaced the 2017 reading challenge with this year's.  (In my defense, most of my devices won't use the booklikes edit menus and it takes me a while to get back home to the desktop that will.)

I had good intentions of adding progresses and reviews (where my currently reading shows a book at 100%, I've actually finished the book).  And to read more posts.  Engage in more conversations ...

Next week looks like should be busy as well.  Partly some fun Fourth of July stuff.  Partly appointments for boring stuff I've been putting off (like an airbag recall meaning I have an appointment to take a car to the dealer).

The contractors I was expecting last Monday, then last Tuesday, then Wednesday, then on Thursday called to say Friday they couldn't make because of heat index but would be here Saturday ... I'm assuming tomorrow they'll show up or I'll get a call rescheduling (actually, they were first scheduled to do the work back in April for Pete's sake)?  Not sure if sucks for them or for me because the inspection is being done tomorrow afternoon before they get final payment.  And all the gutters are missing -- not wrong, just that they took the old ones down and have yet to come back to install new ones.  My roof and soffit work are exactly as I wanted at least (then again, roof not leaking, shingles matching materials I got billed for and sofft's not falling down were pretty much all I wanted).