donealrice

Beyond the Empire
K.B. Wagers
Heritage
Sean Brock
100 Recipes Every Woman Should Know: Engagement Chicken and 99 Other Fabulous Dishes to Get You Everything You Want in Life
Cindi Leive
Leviathan Wakes
James S.A. Corey

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Did I miss a change in grammar rules?

If so, it wouldn't be the first time.  I took a long time to catch on to new rules for things like semicolons.

I've been noticing so very many books lately that use or omit articles (a, an and the) in ways that are odd to me.  I also see it happening with small words like to, be, and at.

At first, I thought it was just a few books.  Possibly just an author or translator not a native speaker of language in which book was published.  Possibly just the indies because I was cleaning off a lot of older downloads and trying out some kindle unlimited offerings.

But, I've been paying more attention.  Even books from favorite, traditionally published authors seem odd.

Meaning a phrase I think should be "...needs to be done ..."  might be in book as "...needs to done..." or "...needs be to be done..." type of things.

UPDATE:  I'll update as I remember more or spot new examples.

• "...on a such a task..." - I think has extra "a" article