donealrice

Bring Me Their Hearts
Sara Wolf
House of Earth and Blood
Sarah J. Maas
A Selection of Designs inspired by Iznik & Delft Pottery in Cross Stitch: 16 stunning floral cross stitch designs
Durene Jones
Ain't Love a Witch?
Dakota Cassidy
Progress: 1 %
The Old Witcheroo
Dakota Cassidy
Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Progress: 100 %
The Dragonbone Chair
Tad Williams
Progress: 14 %

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

The Great American Read: America’s 100 most-loved books

Anne of Green Gables Novels #1 - L.M. Montgomery I, Alex Cross - James Patterson A Separate Peace - John Knowles The Eye of the World  - Robert Jordan Charlotte's Web - E.B. White, Garth Williams, Rosemary Wells Moby Dick - Herman Melville, Frank Muller The Martian - Andy Weir The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien The Hunger Games - Suzanne  Collins The Sun Also Rises - Ernest Hemingway

Voting starts May 22 and ends October 2018.  See link for more of the 100 nominees.

I'm about this but do wish they had done it by categories or even time periods (I.e., published before 1900, before 1950, before 2000, type of splits).  I agree that those are 100 of the most read, most popular and even most influential books.

I just mean it's weird seeing beloved childhood books like Charlotte's Web and Anne of Green Gables up against Carch 22, Then There Were None, and long running contemporary series like Alex Cross and Wheel of Time?

Then the hordes of fans for Twilight, Fifty Shades of Gray, Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter  ...

(I am not at all disrespecting Harry Potter; frankly I think those books are responsible for an entire generation of readers.  It's just weird to see it up against the other nominees.)

How would you vote -- a childhood favorite that made you a reader or your favorite recent read?

Source: http://www.pbs.org/the-great-american-read/books/#