donealrice

Debbie's Spurts

A Dance of Blades
David Dalglish
Progress: 10 %
For Love of Mother-Not (Pip and Flinx Adventure Series #1)
Alan Dean Foster
By a Thread (Elemental Assassin #6)
Jennifer Estep
Alma Alexander
Progress: 100 %

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Ghosts! Haunted Houses! Romantic Suspense! (Contemporary) Gothic!

The Looking-Glass Portrait - Linda Hilton

I am terrible at self promotion.  I feel queasy even doing this much.

But I'm screwing up my courage, because yes, this is my book and it fits a whole bunch of Halloween Bingo squares.  (And if I do say so myself, it's a fun read, with no graphic violence or sex.)  (And I never read the reviews!)

The Looking-Glass Portrait

When Thomasina Ryder inherits her grandmother's house, she expects to quickly arrange for the sale of the estate. She soon learns the disposal of her legacy will be a more complicated process than she expected. And nothing could complicate matters more than the return into Thomasina's life of a forbidden love from the past.

The further she delves into the secrets of that past, the more she is made aware of something sinister and hidden, never to be spoken of even in whispers. She begins to suspect this secret is connected to the silent forms she has seen moving in the old house, from the corner of her eye or in the distorted reflection of a mirror. Then, as her investigations bear fruit, the shadows in the mirrors become more threatening.

Reblogged from Linda Hilton