donealrice

Debbie's Spurts

A Dance of Blades
David Dalglish
Progress: 10 %
For Love of Mother-Not (Pip and Flinx Adventure Series #1)
Alan Dean Foster
By a Thread (Elemental Assassin #6)
Jennifer Estep

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Reading progress: 71%

Breath of Heaven - Benjamin Tate, Joshua Palmatier

Truthfully, before starting this last book of the trilogy, I wasn't sure how the author would be wrapping up in one book the events set out in the previous books.  Both were rather … leisurely … with some frantic-paced moments where I thought the series would take longer than three books.

I'm enjoying this (always enjoy Palmatier's writings) — but, parts have been a big "meanwhile back at the ranch" following various allies and foes and battlefields.  Lots of battles (unusual for Palmatier).  Not remotely nearly as bad about it as Jordan's Wheel of Time.

I'm getting satisfied it will be a proper finish and a proper story arc.  Colin — not at all incidentally — is definitely not a legend and had just set out for something that should prove quite pivotal.

Kushiel's Dart - Jacqueline CareyOld Man's War - John ScalziFourth Grave Beneath My Feet - Darynda JonesDeath's Mistress - Karen Chance

Plus whatever library ebooks I borrow (lots on waitlist plus binge-ing some series) will interrupt regular reading schedule.

Another bookclub read of whatever TOR offers free has turned out to be  Kushiel's Dart - Jacqueline Carey  — plus 24in48 readathon July 22-23 will also disrupt or remake plans.