donealrice

Debbie's Spurts

A Dance of Blades
David Dalglish
Progress: 10 %
For Love of Mother-Not (Pip and Flinx Adventure Series #1)
Alan Dean Foster
By a Thread (Elemental Assassin #6)
Jennifer Estep
Alma Alexander
Progress: 100 %

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Belatedly starting July read for Booklikes book club "Virtual Speculation"

Old Man's War (Old Man's War, #1) - John Scalzi

Actually, my first time doing the book club part of booklikes discussion groups.  This one is http://booklikes.com/book-clubs/50/virtual-speculation and runs throughout July.

Not sure "how" exactly the book club thing works here or if I need to tag this something specific.

The book itself is one I've been meaning to read forever.  I actually hesitated because my hardcover was a signed, limited edition that I didn't want to wear-and-tear plus I prefer ebooks.  Just kept forgetting to buy or checkout an ebook edition, then last month it was the TOR ebook.  Downloaded, put off reading because planned to start for bookclub July 1, now remembering to start ...

Author is one of very few I actually follow their blog and social media.  I'm apparently geographically convenient to his road trips so can frequently locally hear him speak in person -- he's a hoot, excellent speaker.  Yet, weirdly, I've read few of his books.

NEXT READS PLANNED

Five chapters a week for this July bookclub read of Old Man's War.

Breath of Heaven (Well of Sorrows) (Volume 3) - Joshua Palmatier,Benjamin Tate  Breath of Heaven (Well of Sorrows)

Plus whatever library ebooks I borrow (lots on waitlist plus binge-ing some series, currently Drink Deep in Chicagoland Vampire series is checked out) will interrupt regular reading schedule.

Another bookclub read of whatever TOR offers free (mid-month?) plus 24in48 readathon July 22-23 will also disrupt or remake plans.

Source: http://booklikes.com/book-clubs/50/virtual-speculation