donealrice

Debbie's Spurts

A Dance of Blades
David Dalglish
Progress: 10 %
For Love of Mother-Not (Pip and Flinx Adventure Series #1)
Alan Dean Foster
By a Thread (Elemental Assassin #6)
Jennifer Estep

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Review of "Behind the Throne" (Indranan War, #1) by K.B. Wagers

Behind the Throne - K.B. Wagers

I'm not even going to try to write a better review than Bookaneer's review.   That one says it best.

I will just say it was a great adventure that I enjoyed very much. Read in one sitting; gripped start to finish.  Enough intrigued me and enough desire to know what happens next that I'm eagerly waiting to read the next in series.

Science fiction? Space Opera? Not so much.

Yes, it starts with her dragged off a space ship back to home planet. But, the "atmosphere" was more British Empire rulers in India or Africa during 1700's-1800's than a galactic empire 2500 years in the future. Maybe because mostly took place in the palace from POV of princess with a few bits of tech terms and weapons, other planets may as well have been other countries for all the sociological/geographical detail, and only one race of aliens that could have passed for invaded natives in a subservient position (okay, so their religion made them healers but pretty much not fleshed out or alien).

A great story for all that. Plenty of glimpses of material that could go into a well-developed series and even get developed into good space opera. Next book in series, After the Crown, will tell.