Debbie's Spurts

A Wrinkle in Time (Time Series, #1)
Madeleine L'Engle
Tyrant's Blood
Fiona McIntosh

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

The ASIN bug - a workaround!

As I mentioned in my last post here there is currently an issue with some Amazon kindle and Audible ASIN numbers being rejected by the BL database.

I might have found a workaround for users (this won't work for librarians directly because our edits don't go through the queue).

If you want to edit an ASIN kindle edition, or Audible audiobook edition and it spits out that dreaded Add correct ASIN, all you have to do is remove the ASIN number completely from the record and save it.

For the Librarians - when you see an edit request that includes removing what looks like a legit ASIN number, check to make sure it's a kindle, and then approve all the changes except the ASIN removal.  It works!  The record will update with all the new details and keep the ASIN number in place.

Note:  this obviously does not work if you're trying to add an ASIN that BL doesn't like to a record.  That's still broken - but this will at least allow you to edit existing records to add descriptions, page number, etc. without losing the ASIN.

Reblogged from Murder by Death