donealrice

Debbie's Spurts

Room for Improvement
Stacey Ballis
Progress: 1 %
Silver Shadows
Richelle Mead
Victory of Eagles (Temeraire Series #5)
Naomi Novik
Dragon Actually
G.A. Aiken
Progress: 1 %
An American Werewolf In Hoboken (Wolf Mates Book 1)
Dakota Cassidy
Progress: 56 %

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

I have very misleading statistics on booklikes ...

... because so many of my followers (and followed) aren't really active here any more.

Many came as refugees from goodreads censorship after the Amazon buyout (or just from uncertainty or to not lose track of fellow goodreaders).  2012-2013 I think.  Some immediately gave up because booklikes took so long to get a real book database —and is still not the easiest site to find other readers (unless you followed goodreads friends here who gave you the link to their booklikes page).

Many dropped back because last year booklikes staff was increasingly absent where some of us (including myself) became uncertain about booklikes.

Just noticing.  I'm hesitant to unfollow anyone (even ones inactive for years) in case they'll be back now that booklikes staff is active again, because I'm also seeing lots of new readers that could encourage re-interest, goodreads (and other booksites) can annoy them into coming back, the new goodreads feed now mostly endless mini book pages and sponsored crap has brought some back, ...

I look for active reviewers on the book pages here when shelving/reviewing books.  I'm sad to see how many reviews are from 3-5 years ago.

(nope, I still have not forgiven Amazon/goodreads for among other issues destroying my book catalog on goodreads for daring to shelve peer-to-peer computer networking books as P2P computer networking books because that P2P shelf name was clearly, according to commenting goodreads authors, a personal attack bullying authors ...)