donealrice

Bring Me Their Hearts
Sara Wolf
House of Earth and Blood
Sarah J. Maas
A Selection of Designs inspired by Iznik & Delft Pottery in Cross Stitch: 16 stunning floral cross stitch designs
Durene Jones
Ain't Love a Witch?
Dakota Cassidy
Progress: 1 %
The Old Witcheroo
Dakota Cassidy
Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Review of "Twice Bitten" (Chicagoland Vampires #3) by Chloe Neill

Twice Bitten: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel - Chloe Neill

Excellent having Merit and the gang back.  By "gang" with this series I definitely mean actual characters rather than cardboard characters just there for no real reason but it's still very much a one-woman show from her POV.  We do get to know more of everyone's backstory, definitely more about the shifters, and as expected I completely loathed Merit's continued "romance" with big house hauncho vampire ("Ethan"?).

Great book as well written as first two in series; but, he was particularly an asshole in this one.  At the risk of spoiler, Merit should have stuck to her gut feeling a romantic or sexual relationship was a bad idea.

I hate to dwell just on that because it was really a minuscule few paragraphs (and I overall enjoyed the book and will be continuing the series).  But between that with the resulting angst and the fact that this book is clearly just to move the series along versus a full "story" -- lost a star.