donealrice

Bring Me Their Hearts
Sara Wolf
House of Earth and Blood
Sarah J. Maas
A Selection of Designs inspired by Iznik & Delft Pottery in Cross Stitch: 16 stunning floral cross stitch designs
Durene Jones
Ain't Love a Witch?
Dakota Cassidy
Progress: 1 %
The Old Witcheroo
Dakota Cassidy
Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Review of "Darkspell" (Deverry #2) by Katharine Kerry

Darkspell  - Katharine Kerr

This did not read like a sequel to Daggerspell.  I kept putting off reviewing because not really sure what to say about it plus was kicking myself for diving immediately into it after the first book.

Okay, a few paragraphs hinted at continuation of the storyline/characters from first book -- what I was wanting to read.  But mostly it read like a rather murky anthology of flash fictions extremely loosely related (even though sometimes wound up being various reincarnations of or a drifting into story bit by familiar characters).

I kept waiting for stuff to happen, for the series to be continued.  Got just a bare glimmer in with a bunch of uninteresting, seemingly incomplete meanderings.  Of course, I could be wrong and one or more bits that bored me are going to prove vitally important to rest of series.