donealrice

Bring Me Their Hearts
Sara Wolf
House of Earth and Blood
Sarah J. Maas
A Selection of Designs inspired by Iznik & Delft Pottery in Cross Stitch: 16 stunning floral cross stitch designs
Durene Jones
Ain't Love a Witch?
Dakota Cassidy
Progress: 1 %
The Old Witcheroo
Dakota Cassidy
Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Review of "Eternal Hunter" (Night Watch, #1) by Cynthia Eden

Eternal Hunter  - Cynthia Eden

This reader's personal opinion, ©2016, all rights reserved, not to be quoted, clipped or used in any way by Google Play, Penumbra Publishing, amazon.com or other commercial booksellers*

Pleasantly surprised I liked this one (not fond of "Suspense" and really only read because it fit the BINGO Bookshelf call).

I liked the main characters and all the Night Watch and good guy characters.

Didn't really buy the romance/lust.

Really didn't care for the lead up to sexy times moments with all how hard his erection was, the cream, the moist, etc. where without the team challenge might have DNF'ed -- was actually a relief to get to the explicit sex scenes despite the page count used (nowhere near page count of later Anita Blake books and 100% consensual at least). Kinda so expected for PNR anymore it didn't lose any stars for it.

Worldbuilding was very light -- just another supernaturals are among us set in swampy, humid bayou stare of Louisiana. But, it was still interesting.

The suspense/mystery part was fairly pivotal to book. Hardly a big reveal since outside of criminals caught there was only one creepy character n the book. The hardest part to figure out was why the main character, an assistant district attorney, would purchase Night Watch help against her stalker but not tell them everything that had happened or even describe what details she had on stalker, lost a star. I never enjoy too many chapters from the pervert's point of view,moo from the start lost a star.

The Night Watch agency with security and bounty hunters protecting a mostly unsuspecting world from supernatural criminal's was interesting. Zane, Dee, Paks and others intrigued me enough I may pursue the series to read their books.

*©2016. All rights reserved except permission is granted to author or publisher (except Penumbra Publishing) to reprint/quote in whole or in part. I may also have posted on booklikes, goodreads, Leafmarks, and may have cross-posted to other book sites including kobo and Barnes and Noble. Posting on any site does not grant that site permission to share with any third parties.

Ratings scale used in absence of a booklikes suggested rating scale:

★★★★★ = All Time Favorite
★★★★½ = Extraordinary Book. Really Loved It.
★★★★☆ = Loved It.
★★★½☆ = Really Liked.
★★★☆☆ = Liked.
★★½☆☆ = Liked parts; parts only okay. Would read more by author.
★★☆☆☆ = Average.   Okay.
★½☆☆☆ = Disliked or meh? but kept me reading in hopes would get better.
★☆☆☆☆ = Loathed It. Possibly DNF and a torturous read.
½☆☆☆☆ = So vile was a DNF or should have been. Cannot imagine anyone liking.  (Might also be just an "uploaded" word spew or collection that should not be dignified by calling itself a "published book." If author is going batshit crazy in the blogosphere over reviews -- I now know why they are getting bad reviews.  Or maybe author should take remedial classes for language written in until basic concepts like using sentences sink in. Is author even old enough to sign a publishing contract or do they need a legal guardian to sign for them?)