donealrice

Molly Harper
The Hills Have Spies
Mercedes Lackey
Progress: 100 %
High Stakes Trial (Magical Washington #3)
Mindy Klasky
Progress: 100 %
Right Hand Magic (Golgotham #1)
Nancy A. Collins
Progress: 15 %
Sisters of the Raven
Barbara Hambly
Progress: 100 %
Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Heroine Worship
Sarah Kuhn

Favorite Book Quotes

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake"— Lois McMaster Bujold

Goodreads has opted all members into receiving book deals emails from Amazon (plus others)

Well, at least for books on your " to read" shelf.  You can opt out and you can select which retailers.  "Opt out" versus "opt-in" -- even for features I really want -- always offends me.  Feel free to reblog.

See the announcement thread in a group less than 5% of goodreads members belong to for directions on opting out or customizing:  https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/18114746-goodreads-deals-u-s-members?page=1#comment_number_1

I suppose it could be worse (for example if only listing Amazon deals) but cynical me thinks it's a way for Amazon to finally make use of goodreads member emails without technically being considered spam; a side-eyed way for authors to send their Amazon countdown deals and other promotions out to goodreads members who do not subscribe to their mailing lists or follow them without Amazon being accused of illegally harvesting emails not provided for that purpose.  Ethically, I find opt-out as wrong as just doing it but technucally only just doing it is illegal.

Okay, it's worse.  Update: Pricing to be included in goodreads emails to members is forthcoming. https://www.goodreads.com/authors-advertisers .  Finally authors can pay to email to goodreads members.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/18114746-goodreads-deals-u-s-members?page=1#comment_number_1